Codes of Practice & Privacy Policies
Codes of Practice
The Standards of Professional Behaviour Expected of Yoga Darshan Teachers, Facilitators & Volunteers
All Yoga Darshan principles are based on the ethos of Ahimsa.
Ahimsa is a quality/principle that determines that no harm via action, word or thought will come to any sentient being.
All persons involved with Yoga Darshan in any capacity are committed to acting with compassion and kindness to others at all times in the true spirit of ahimsa.
All persons engaged to provide services, guidance, knowledge or support on a Yoga Darshan Program will adhere to the following:
All teachers and facilitators will teach or work within the scope of one’s skills, knowledge and ability.
Teachers and facilitators will maintain their own personal practice and commit to ongoing professional development within their area of experience.
All persons will adhere to minimal waste, leave no trace, do no harm practices. This means to, as much as possible, adopt environmentally friendly and sustainable business practices, including, but not limited to, recycling, being energy efficient, reducing waste, saving water, travelling smarter and taking responsibility for personal impact on the local environment and venue where the program is held. All persons will abide by Vegetarian and/or Vegan dietary standards on Yoga Darshan programs (except in the case of medical requirement.)
No intoxicants are permitted on Yoga Darshan programs.
Working with Program Participants
Respect: for all participants regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, physical and psychological limitation, sexual orientation or religious affiliation.
Equality: Yoga Darshan encourages an equal platform free from hierarchy.
Confidentiality: All personal information will be treated as confidential and private and will not be divulged under any circumstances unless required by law.
Boundaries: All Yoga Darshan teachers, facilitators and volunteers lead by example to maintain a professional relationship with program participants. The integrity of the Student-Teacher relationship is to be upheld at all times.
Yoga Darshan programs will maintain a safe environment for the teaching and practice of yoga.
Yoga Darshan programs will include an identifiable support officer.
Yoga Darshan programs will adhere to relevant legislative requirements relating to safety and care including Work Place Health and Safety and Duty of Care requirements.
Teachers and facilitators, where applicable, are personally responsible for having and maintaining the following:
Duty of Care
Yoga Darshan places duty of care responsibilities as an utmost priority and will always follow through on the necessary referrals or emergency support to ensure duty of care needs are met.
www.lifeline.org.au 131114 www.suicidecallbackservice.org.au 1300659467
Yoga Darshan and all persons involved with delivering a program will acknowledge the participant’s right to make a complaint.
Yoga Darshan will take all necessary actions to resolve any complaints or grievances.
Yoga Darshan will take action on feedback obtained on a regular basis.
1.1 This website is operated by Yoga Darshan. Your use of this website is conditional upon your acceptance and compliance with the following conditions and disclaimers outlined below. It is strongly advised that you read these terms now. By accessing or using this website, you are acknowledging that you have read, understand, and agree, without limitation or qualification, to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1.2 These terms are paramount and take precedence over any other terms, which may be required by you.
2. Limitation of liability
2.1 Except as expressly provided in these terms, to the maximum extent permitted by law Yoga Darshan shall not be liable to you by way of indemnity or by reason of any breach of these terms or any statutory duty or any common law duty for any direct, punitive, exemplary, special, indirect or consequential loss or damages suffered by you.
3. Governing Law
3.1 These terms are to be governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia. You submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of courts exercising jurisdiction there.
4.1 While the information contained in this website is believed to be accurate and current, it is provided by Yoga Darshan in good faith on an "as is" basis.
4.2 Yoga Darshan, its directors, teachers and other employees, make no representation or warranty as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this website and none of them accept any responsibility arising in any way (including negligence) for errors in, or omissions from, the information contained in this website.
5.1 This website contains links to websites not maintained, controlled or associated with Yoga Darshan and it does not make any endorsement, or any representation as to the accuracy of information contained on those websites.
6.1 Yoga Darshan is the copyright owner of the content of this website or is licensed by the copyright owner to use the content on this website.
6.2 Except as permitted by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) no part of this website may be reproduced, adapted, performed in public or transmitted in any form by any process (graphic, electronic or mechanical, including further copying, recording, taking or by a storage and information retrieval system) without the specific prior written consent of Yoga Darshan.
6.3 If you believe that any material on this site violates the copyright or other rights of 3rd parties please immediately inform us so that Yoga Darshan can investigate the possible violation.
7.1 Yoga Darshan does not represent that any information (including any file) obtained from or through this website is free from computer viruses or other faults or defects. It is your responsibility to scan any such information for computer viruses.
7.2 Yoga Darshan will not be liable to you or any other person for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential or economic), however caused and whether by negligence or otherwise, which may result directly or indirectly from any computer virus or other faults or defect in this website.
1. Yoga Darshan is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to this website, and as such complies with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
2. Yoga Darshan will ensure as far as possible that personal information collected through the website is used only for the purposes set out in this Policy.
3. Personal information collected and retained by Yoga Darshan includes but is not limited to; your name, address, telephone numbers, emergency contact details and email.
4. Yoga Darshan will not collect or monitor any personal information about an individual without their consent. The only personal information collected is that which is provided voluntarily by you. However if certain information is omitted, Yoga Darshan may be unable to correspond with you in a timely and efficient manner and to keep you up-to-date with information on its activities.
5. It is impossible for Yoga Darshan to distinguish if a person under 16 years of age (a minor) has provided Yoga Darshan with personal information. If that has occurred without parental or guardian consent that personal information will be removed if requested by the minor or the minor's parent or guardian.
6. Your personal information may be used by us in a number of ways, including:
Personal information will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes without consent, except in exceptional cases when disclosure may be required by law.
7. You will only receive marketing and promotional material from Yoga Darshan if you have previously given your permission for Yoga Darshan to do so. If you would like to unsubscribe please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click ‘unsubscribe’ on the relevant correspondence.
8. You have the right to review, update or delete personal information that may be stored on the Yoga Darshan database. A request may be made to delete personal information via contact us on our website and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons.
9. Yoga Darshan will take reasonable steps to maintain the security of and to prevent unauthorised access to or disclosure of your personal information but cannot guarantee that unauthorised access to your personal information will not occur.